Thursday 27 April 2023

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

−−−

こんにちは、ちか先生です。
Konnichiwa, it's Chika Sensei.

Today I am going to share the homework correction quoted from my JLPT N3 course!
The student's sentence is not correct. Can you find the mistake?

[Student's sentence]

かぜがちなので、もう寝ます。

*かぜがちなので、もうねます。

[My correction]

かぜがちなので、もう寝ます。
→かぜ気味(ぎみ)なので、もう寝ます。
I feel like I have a cold, so I’m going to bed now.

〜がち(tends to) describes something that has happened many times. 気味(feels like) describes a current condition.

If you would like to say that your current condition might be cold, you should use 気味.

e.g.
最近(さいきん)運動(うんどう)をあまりしてないので、今(いま)、太(ふと)り気味だ。
I haven't been exercising much lately, so now I'm gaining weight.

太り気味=My current condition

息子(むすこ)は体(からだ)が弱(よわ)くて、学校(がっこう)を休(やす)みがちです。
My son has a weak condition and tends to miss school.

休みがち=It happens many times

I hope my explanation helps you. 😊

−−−

Chika Sensei's Japanese Academy Website:


#Japanese #English #日本語 #英語 #LearningEnglish  
#LearningJapanese #日本語の勉強 #英語の勉強
#ChikaNihongoNewsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment