Thursday 27 April 2023

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

−−−

こんにちは、ちか先生です。
Konnichiwa, it's Chika Sensei.

Today I am going to share the homework correction quoted from my JLPT N4 course!
The student's sentence is not correct. Can you find the mistake?

[Student's sentence]

犬を飼うと、毎日いっしょに遊びます。

*いぬをかうと、まいにちいっしょにあそびます。

[My correction]

犬を飼うと、毎日いっしょに遊びます。
→犬を飼ったら、毎日いっしょに遊びます。
If I get a dog, I will play with it every day.

〜たら can express time sequence like "after…/and then….", but not 〜と.

If you want to say, "If I get a dog, then I am going to play with it every day," then you should use 〜たら.

The basic meaning of 「Aと、B」 is that whenever you do A, B happens, it is not appropriate to use for your sentence.

e.g.
◎宿題(しゅくだい)をしたら、寝(ね)ます。
I do my homework and then go to bed.

×宿題をすると、寝ます。

◎春(はる)になると、さくらがさきます。
When spring comes, cherry blossoms bloom.
(It is a natural phenomenon and always happens.)

I hope my explanation helps you. 😊

−−−

Chika Sensei's Japanese Academy Website:


#Japanese #English #日本語 #英語 #LearningEnglish  
#LearningJapanese #日本語の勉強 #英語の勉強
#ChikaNihongoNewsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment