Thursday 27 April 2023

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

−−−

こんにちは、ちか先生です。
Konnichiwa, it's Chika Sensei.

Today I am going to share the homework correction quoted from my JLPT N5 course!
The student's sentence is not correct. Can you find the mistake?

[Student's sentence]

会社まで電車に行きます。

*かいしゃまででんしゃにいきます。

[My correction]

会社まで電車に行きます。
→会社まで電車で行きます。
I take the train to the office.
(Lit; I go to the office by train.)

で is used to specify the means by which something is done.

[mean]で
電車で

In your sentence, 電車で means "by train" and the particle で shows that this is the means you selected to carry out the activity of commuting.

e.g.
タクシーで駅(えき)に行(い)きましょう。
Let's take a taxi to the station.

新幹線(しんかんせん)で大阪(おおさか)に出張(しゅっちょう)します。
I will go on a business trip to Osaka by Shinkansen.

駐車場(ちゅうしゃじょう)がないので、車(くるま)で来(こ)ないでください。
Please do not come by car as there is no parking.

I hope my explanation helps you. 😊

−−−

Chika Sensei's Japanese Academy Website:


#Japanese #English #日本語 #英語 #LearningEnglish  
#LearningJapanese #日本語の勉強 #英語の勉強
#ChikaNihongoNewsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment