Friday 28 April 2023

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

Chika Sensei's Japanese Sentence Correction Newsletter.

−−−

こんにちは、ちか先生です。
Konnichiwa, it's Chika Sensei.

Today I am going to share the homework correction quoted from my JLPT N5 course!
The student's sentence is not correct. Can you find the mistake?

[Student's sentence]

日本語を勉強をしたあとで、遊びます。

*にほんごをべんきょうをしたあとで、あそびます。

[My correction]

日本語を勉強をしたあとで、遊びます。
→日本語を勉強したあとで、遊びます。
After studying Japanese, I will enjoy my free time.
(Lit; After studying Japanese, I will play.)

Basically, we can’t use particle を twice for the same verb.
×日本語を勉強をする
[noun]を[noun]を[verb]; In this sentence, there is only one verb "する".

So, you should change the sentence to;
◎日本語を勉強する
[noun]を[verb]; 勉強する is a verb.

◎日本語の勉強をする
[nounのnoun]を[verb]; We can say 日本語の勉強 as a big noun.

If each を applies to a different verb, we can use を more than once in the same sentence.

バナナを買(か)って、店(みせ)を出(で)た。
[noun]を[verb], [noun]を[verb].
I bought bananas and left the store.

I hope my explanation helps you. 😊

−−−

Chika Sensei's Japanese Academy Website:


#Japanese #English #日本語 #英語 #LearningEnglish  
#LearningJapanese #日本語の勉強 #英語の勉強
#ChikaNihongoNewsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment